The Chorale is thrilled to return to live, in-person performances with this concert to kick-off the 2021-2022 academic year! Featuring a diverse range of choral repertoire and the world premiere of Together by Byron Au Yong with a text based on Tang Dynasty poetry inscribed on boxes of masks donated by Chinese foundations to other countries during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re excited to welcome back our audiences to Stanford’s glorious Memorial Church after a long hiatus due to the pandemic and we look forward to seeing you there! Tickets available only on-line at the Stanford Ticket Office: https://sto.stanfordtickets.org/dom21-22/homepage/.
Free Admission for full-time matriculated Stanford University students with SU photo ID card: please present your SU photo ID for verification and to pick up your free non-transferable, not-for-sale Stanford student ticket beginning one hour before curtain at the venue, subject to availability. One complimentary ticket per Stanford student SU photo ID card. Stanford students may choose to purchase a ticket in advance by selecting the “Non-Stanford Student” price; no refunds.
Byrd: Haec dies
Brahms: Schaffe in mir, Gott, ein rein Herz
Pearsall: Great God of love
Willan: Rise up my love
Martin: Rise up my love
Coleridge-Taylor: Summer is gone
Ešenvalds: Long Road
Brief Pause (audience to remain seated)
Au Yong: 一道 Together (world premiere)
Elberdin: Ubi caritas
McDowall: I know that my redeemer liveth
Trad. Arr. Dickau: O, my luve’s like a red, red rose
Hella Johnson: Meet me here
All attendees (over 2 years old) must:
• Be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID (test must be taken no earlier than 72 hours before arriving at Stanford Memorial Church).
• Stanford Affiliates: Show your green Health Check badge.
• Off-campus visitors: Bring your ID and a hard copy, paper photocopy or a clear photo of the test results or vaccine card. Documents will be checked for entry.
• Wear a face covering at all times while inside Memorial Church.
• Social Distancing is encouraged.